This list is going to be Drama as you might have guessed and please remember that some of the films that appear on this list and subsequent lists can easily be assigned to other genres as well but I felt they belong in the ones I listed them in.
10. THE LOST WEEKEND 1945...Ray Milland's performance as an alcoholic is stunning and depressing at the same time. Unforgettable.
9. ROCKY 1977...The best boxing movie I have ever seen.
8. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD 1962...Gregory Peck is perfect in this modern American classic that really captured my interest! Well acted and expertly directed.
7. CASABLANCA 1942...Bogart, Bergman and Claude Rains in a beautiful study of human emotion, romance and survival during WW2. Beautiful film and always a staple for me to watch.
6. THE FALLING MAN 1968...I will watch almost anything with Henry Silva. Superb thriller with a great plot and brutal story.
5. BONNIE AND CLYDE 1967...I love the entire cast but Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were perfectly cast as the 1930's gangster duo. One of the best endings I have ever seen and will never forget.
4. GET CHRISTIE LOVE 1974...A TV movie about a sassy, no nonsense policewoman named Christie Love. I was knocked out by this film when I was young and enjoyed the TV series as well. Teresa Graves was a very beautiful woman and died tragically at the age of 54. From the first time I saw it I have never forgotten it.
3. AMAZING GRACE AND CHUCK 1987...Probably a bit of egotism here, but working on this film was a great experience and then seeing it come together and become a great parable for the screen made me very proud.
2. CITIZEN KANE 1941...All I can say is Orson Welles and "Rosebud". Great storytelling.
1. BULLITT 1968...Steve McQueen in a gem of a movie that really became my favorite drama after I had seen it at the behest of my mother many years ago. There are characters everyone can relate to and a car chase that still is the best ever filmed.
There you have my top ten favorite drama films in order of appeal to me. More genres to come soon.