Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN DAY 23: HOUSE THAT WOULDN'T DIE 1970 (TUBI)

This is a TV movie from 1970 that I hadn't seen since it's initial broadcast 54 years ago.

Two women, Ruth Bennett (Barbara Stanwyck) and Sara Dunning (Kitty Winn) buy a new farm house and soon find it's haunted.

There are two ghosts from the Revolutionary War that remain in the home because of a violent crime. A kindly man named Pat McDougal (Richard Egan) tries to seduce Ruth and they actually become very good friends.

One strange thing after another happens and Pat is possessed by the spirit of a man and Sara is possessed by a femal spirit. It turns out that the man killed the woman and her lover and then buried them under the house, thus the house is haunted by all the evil restless spirits.

I love TV movies of the 70's and this one I found to be very entertaining. I have to admit I didn't remember much of it after five decades.

If you want to see it it's streaming on TUBI and in my opinion, if you're a horror fan, it's well worth you time.

No comments:

Post a Comment