10. BIG BIRD CAGE 1972...This was the first WIP film I had ever seen. Good god, Pam Grier, Carol Speed, and Anitra Ford. What more do you need? Oh yes, lots of nudity and sadism. Movie Heaven.
9. BARBED WIRE DOLLS 1976...A great poster sold a strange Jess Franco film. Hell, it's got Lina Romay which makes it very entertaining for me.
8. PURGATORY 1988...Tanya Roberts in a rather tame WIP film, but heck, it's Tanya Roberts.
7. CHAINED HEAT 1983...This is the second WIP films I was ever exposed to. Lovely Linda Blair is sent to a prison for women and victimized by the sleazy warden played by the one and only John Vernon.
6. THE MUTHERS 1976...A fun and fast moving film about a band of female pirates that infiltrate a slavery ring on a plantation. Gorgeous Jayne Kennedy, Jeannie Bell and Trina Parks.
5. BLACK MAMA WHITE MAMA 1973...Pam Grier and Margaret Markov are two female prisoners chained together who make an escape from a brutal female prison. Lots of fun, snappy dialogue and great action.
4. 99 WOMEN 1969...Jess Franco returns with another great WIP film full of nudity, sadism and all the other fun things in life. Maria Rohm, Luciana Paluzzi and Rosalba Neri star.
3. SWEET SUGAR 1972...Beautiful Phyllis Davis is Sugar, a prostitute thrown in jail by a corrupt politician. Cliff Osmond is a sadistic prison guard who has an unforgettable torture scene with Phyllis, and Dr. John is a character you never forget.
2. WOMEN IN CAGES 1971...Since this list probably already has people knowing I am a perv, then let me say this is a fun WIP film with all the things that make them enjoyable...beautiful women, nudity, torture and action. Judy Brown, Roberta Collins and the gorgeous Pam Grier star. This film is slightly different in that Grier plays a sadistic female warden.
1. BIG DOLL HOUSE 1971...This is the WIP film that really kicked the genre into motion. 5 women decide to escape the brutality of a Philippine prison. Pam Grier, Pat Woodell, Roberta Collins and Sid Haig lead a great cast. This film contains one of the best lines of dialogue in modern cinema....:Get it up or I'll cut it off!" Jack Hill directs this film perfectly.
So there you have it...my 10 favorites of WIP films. I like these films because of the beautiful women, this bizarre storylines, the sadism and much more. "PC" and metoo movements be damned.